Monday, June 7, 2010

Robot Houses?

I recently had a conversation with my father about the development of "smart technology" in houses. The helpful apps and resources that some of us utilize through our smart [cell] phones will soon be installed in houses. I can't help but think about that Disney movie (gosh what is the name!?) where a family installs a robot into their house system and " she" talks, greets you when you enter the home and responds to any request, instantly. Creepy! I'm not one for Sci-fi stories, but this sounds pretty close to the story of the machine taking over the world!

This also makes me think about how lazy technology can allow us to be.


Until the next-


"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain." ~J.K. Rowling

1 comment:

Devious Honey G said...

Reminds me of "I, Robot" and "The Jetsons." If I had to choose, I'd rather have a friendly helpful robot like Rosie than the creepy ones that try to take over the world (if such a choice actually exists/will exist)!